There are a number of reasons why people might visit the chiropractor and while many people think about a chiropractor as someone who specializes in the treatment of neck and back pain, a chiropractor can also help people who suffer from Meniere’s Disease. Learn more about Meniere’s Disease and how a chiropractor can help someone recover from this condition in a holistic, reliable manner!
What Is Meniere’s Disease?
Meniere’s Disease is a disorder that impacts the inner ear. While the exact cause of Meniere’s Disease is unclear, some research points toward an abnormal amount of endolymph in the ear as a contributing factor. Usually, Meniere’s Disease impacts only one ear and tends to start during the teenage years or early adulthood. When someone suffers from Meniere’s Disease, they can develop a variety of complications.
Some of the most common symptoms of Meniere’s Disease include:
- Vertigo: usually, individuals who suffer from Meniere’s Disease develop sensations that the room is spinning. These episodes can last anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours. Severe vertigo could lead to nausea and vomiting.
- Hearing Loss: Individuals who develop Meniere’s Disease can suffer from hearing loss. Usually, this hearing loss tends to come and go. While it is rare, some people might develop permanent Meniere’s Disease.
- Tinnitus: This is the medical term for ringing in the ears. Some people describe this as a ringing, buzzing, or roaring noise. Often, tinnitus gets worse when vertigo hits.
- Aural Fullness: Many people with Meniere’s Disease feel an increased amount of pressure in the affected ear.
These symptoms can vary from person to person depending on the severity of the condition. Furthermore, these symptoms can come and go as the condition changes over time.
How Can a Chiropractor Help with Meniere’s Disease?
When people develop Meniere’s Disease, they might think that you need to take prescription medications or have surgery. The good news is that a chiropractor can also help with the treatment of this condition. Some of the ways that a chiropractor can help include:
- Restore the Flow of Spinal Fluid: Meniere’s Disease can cause fluid to build up in the inner ear. This can impact the delicate balance of the hair cells and signals that flow from your ear to the brain. A chiropractor can use adjustments that restore the proper flow of spinal fluid in your inner ear. This can alleviate the dizziness and vertigo that accompanies Meniere’s Disease.
- Improve Nervous System Communications: When a chiropractor performs adjustments on your neck and back, this can also improve the way your nervous system communicates. Meniere’s Disease can cause the nerves that control your coordination, balance, and posture to be thrown off. When this happens, the symptoms of Meniere’s Disease can get worse. A trained chiropractor knows how to restore the proper flow of nervous system communications, helping to alleviate the symptoms of Meniere’s Disease.
A chiropractor will develop a well-rounded treatment plan that has been tailored to meet your needs. This plan can help you recover from Meniere’s Disease while limiting the development of complications and side effects.
Rely on the Help of an Experienced Chiropractor for the Treatment of Meniere’s Disease!
If you are suffering from symptoms that mirror those of Meniere’s Disease, then you are probably looking for help. Trust the care that a chiropractor can provide. A chiropractor can use holistic, manual therapy to help people recover from Meniere’s Disease while minimizing complications and side effects. You do not have to live with Meniere’s Disease forever! So contact us today to learn more about chiropractic care and how we can help you with Meniere’s Disease! We’re here to help!
This article is copyrighted by Blogging Chiropractors for its Doctor of Chiropractic members and may not be copied or duplicated in any manner including printed or electronic media, regardless of whether for a fee or gratis without the prior written permission of Blogging Chiropractors.
For More Information
We would be happy to answer any questions you have about this article, general spinal health or your specific situation. To discuss your symptoms and concerns call (208) 656-8883.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS ARTICLE?
If so, get email updates for free! Just leave your email address in the field provided below and we'll handle the rest.
NEED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Then call Dr. Todd Orchard at (208) 656-8883 today!
160 E. Valley River Drive #3
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
How We Are Different
Dr. Orchard is a unique Rexburg chiropractor who specializes in difficult cases that have not responded to other care. All treatment plans are highly individualized based on your specific history, needs and goals.
Areas We Serve
We are located in Rexburg and serve the communities that reside in zip codes 83440, 83460, 83442, 83448, and 83445. However, we see patients from a large radius around Rexburg which include Brigham Young University, Rigby, Sugar City, and St. Anthony because of the unique, customized treatment options we offer.