Work-related injuries can take a significant toll on your overall health and well-being. Chiropractic care offers a safe, natural, and effective solution to help you recover from work injuries and regain your mobility and functionality. Have you suffered an injury at work? Below, explore the types of accidents that can lead to work injuries, common injuries people might suffer, and how a chiropractor can help you overcome them.
Types of Accidents that Can Lead to Work Injuries
There are plenty of accidents that could take place at work that might lead to an injury. They include:
- Slips, Trips, and Falls: Slips, trips, and falls are among the most common causes of work-related injuries. Wet or slippery surfaces, cluttered walkways, and uneven floors can lead to these accidents. Falls from heights, such as ladders or scaffolding, can also result in severe injuries.
- Overexertion: Overexertion occurs when a worker pushes their body beyond its limits while lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects. This can lead to muscle strains, sprains, and even more severe injuries such as herniated discs.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries: Repetitive strain injuries (RSIs) are caused by performing the same motion repeatedly over an extended period, leading to wear and tear on the body. RSIs are common in office workers who spend hours typing or using a computer mouse, and in manual laborers who perform repetitive tasks.
These accidents can lead to numerous types of injuries, but a chiropractor can help you develop a plan to address the root cause and improve your quality of life.
Common Work Injuries People Might Suffer
A few examples of injuries these accidents could lead to include:
- Back and Neck Injuries: Back and neck injuries are among the most common work-related injuries. They can result from various causes, such as poor posture, lifting heavy objects, or sitting for extended periods.
- Sprains and Strains: Sprains and strains are injuries to the muscles, tendons, or ligaments and can occur in any part of the body. They are often caused by overexertion or awkward movements.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common repetitive strain injury that affects the wrist and hand. It occurs when the median nerve, which runs through the carpal tunnel in the wrist, becomes compressed.
These are just a handful of the injuries that a chiropractor might be able to help you address. How can a chiropractor help you?
How a Chiropractor Can Help
A chiropractor has a variety of tools at his or her disposal to help you recover from work injuries. For example, chiropractors are experts in spinal adjustments, which can help realign the spine, relieve pressure on nerves, and reduce pain and inflammation. Spinal adjustments can be particularly beneficial for those suffering from back and neck injuries or herniated discs.
In addition, chiropractors may use various soft tissue therapies, such as massage or myofascial release, to help alleviate muscle tension, reduce inflammation, and promote healing in injured areas. They can even recommend specific exercises and stretches to help strengthen muscles, improve flexibility, and restore function in injured areas. These exercises can aid in your recovery and help prevent future injuries.
Rely on a Local Chiropractor To Help You With a Work Injury
Chiropractors take a holistic approach to health care, addressing not only the physical aspects of your injury but also providing guidance on lifestyle factors that may impact your recovery, such as nutrition, stress management, and sleep. When this is combined with adjustments, massage, and other therapies, it is clear that a chiropractor can help you recover from a workplace injury. Consider making an appointment today.
If you don’t have a local chiropractor, give us a call. Our Doctor of Chiropractic is trained to help people just like you overcome work-related injuries through safe and effective chiropractic care. So give us a call. We’re here to help!
This article is copyrighted by Blogging Chiropractors for its Doctor of Chiropractic members and may not be copied or duplicated in any manner including printed or electronic media, regardless of whether for a fee or gratis without the prior written permission of Blogging Chiropractors.
For More Information
We would be happy to answer any questions you have about this article, general spinal health or your specific situation. To discuss your symptoms and concerns call (208) 656-8883.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS ARTICLE?
If so, get email updates for free! Just leave your email address in the field provided below and we'll handle the rest.
NEED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Then call Dr. Todd Orchard at (208) 656-8883 today!
160 E. Valley River Drive #3
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
How We Are Different
Dr. Orchard is a unique Rexburg chiropractor who specializes in difficult cases that have not responded to other care. All treatment plans are highly individualized based on your specific history, needs and goals.
Areas We Serve
We are located in Rexburg and serve the communities that reside in zip codes 83440, 83460, 83442, 83448, and 83445. However, we see patients from a large radius around Rexburg which include Brigham Young University, Rigby, Sugar City, and St. Anthony because of the unique, customized treatment options we offer.