Growing up, there’s a good chance that you went to the dentist twice per year for regular cleanings. During that visit, the dentist probably stressed the importance of brushing your teeth twice per day and flossing regularly. That is because dental hygiene is critical. It is always better to prevent serious problems from developing than to fix them after they have already appeared. The same is true when it comes to the health of your spine. It is critical for you to focus on spinal hygiene because it is an important part of your overall health. What do you need to know about spinal hygiene? How can you improve the overall health of your spine? Keep reading to learn more…
The Importance of Spinal Hygiene
There are several reasons why spinal hygiene is so important. These include:
- Your spine is responsible for protecting your spinal cord, which is a superhighway of nerves that connects your brain to the rest of your body.
- Your spine also supports numerous muscles, ligaments, and tendons that provide structure, mobility, and coordination to the rest of your body.
- Spinal hygiene is important because it can prevent a variety of complications from developing in the future.
Just as you invest in preventive care for your mouth, it is important to invest in preventive care for your spine as well. What goes into spinal hygiene, and how can you incorporate this into your everyday life?
What Spinal Hygiene Includes
There are several key concepts that are included in spinal hygiene. These include:
- Overall, your spine should be a straight line from top to bottom. There are a few natural curves from front to back that give your spine an additional level of support. If you take a look at an anatomy book, you will see what the spine should look like.
- Your spine should have a significant amount of flexibility. Your range of motion should be strong throughout all three planes of motion. If you feel like your spine is being restricted, this is something that your local chiropractor should address.
- You should take care of the muscles around your spine. This is important for maintaining good posture. Your core muscles also play a critical role in the health of your spine.
If you are able to apply these concepts, you should take care of your spinal hygiene through spinal checkups. This where your local chiropractor can be helpful.
How a Chiropractor Can Improve Your Spinal Hygiene
You should visit a chiropractor regularly to make sure that your spine is intact. The chiropractor had a tremendous level of training regarding the spine. He or she can take a look at your spinal alignment and let you know if something has to be done to improve your overall spinal hygiene.
For example, a chiropractor can use adjustments to make sure your vertebrae are properly aligned. That way, your spine can provide the correct support to the rest of your body. A regular visit to the chiropractor can help you avoid serious health problems down the road. If you incorporate spinal hygiene into your regular care, you should improve your overall quality of life.
Visit a Chiropractor Regularly
Bottom line: It is critical for you to take care of your spine. Your spine is responsible for supporting the rest of your body while also protecting your nerves, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. Therefore, it is critical for you to visit a chiropractor regularly in order to take care of your spine. A chiropractor understands how to protect your muscles, joints, ligaments, and tendons while also minimizing complications and side effects. If you invest in spinal hygiene, your spine will take care of you. To get started, give us a call today. We’re here to help!
This article is copyrighted by Blogging Chiropractors for its Doctor of Chiropractic members and may not be copied or duplicated in any manner including printed or electronic media, regardless of whether for a fee or gratis without the prior written permission of Blogging Chiropractors.
For More Information
We would be happy to answer any questions you have about this article, general spinal health or your specific situation. To discuss your symptoms and concerns call (208) 656-8883.
DID YOU ENJOY THIS ARTICLE?
If so, get email updates for free! Just leave your email address in the field provided below and we'll handle the rest.
NEED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Then call Dr. Todd Orchard at (208) 656-8883 today!
160 E. Valley River Drive #3
Rexburg, Idaho 83440
How We Are Different
Dr. Orchard is a unique Rexburg chiropractor who specializes in difficult cases that have not responded to other care. All treatment plans are highly individualized based on your specific history, needs and goals.
Areas We Serve
We are located in Rexburg and serve the communities that reside in zip codes 83440, 83460, 83442, 83448, and 83445. However, we see patients from a large radius around Rexburg which include Brigham Young University, Rigby, Sugar City, and St. Anthony because of the unique, customized treatment options we offer.